Bluetooth speakers are to many, a modern necessity. Instead of having to worry about docking your music device in a static location or wiring your humble abode with a network of speaker wire, Bluetooth speakers allow us to free ourselves from the confines of pre-Bluetooth days. That said, Bluetooth speakers have been a pretty touchy subject for true audio purists. To many, the technology just doesn’t offer reliable enough audio, nor does the quality live up to their “golden ears”. But maybe, just maybe Croon Audio’s sexy new “Original” bluetooth speaker can make a believer out of all of us.
Features of “The Original” include:
- Stereo Hi-Fi Amplifier with integrated Stereo Bluetooth Receiver
- Speakers: 2.5” x 2 full range drivers
- Tuned enclosure made from 8mm MDF wood allows for improved bass response
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 15 watts/channel + Class D amp
- Size 10.5”x 8”x 3.5”
- Colors: Original Black, White on White, Agent Grey and Lady in Red
Thankfully, if the bluetooth quality/performance still isn’t up to your likening, a integrated 3.5mm plug allows all modern audio devices to plug in manually.
Pricing for the black model is $199. The Grey Agent and premium White on White go for $229.99 while the “Lady in Red” tops the list at $234.99.
More: Croon Audio