AT&T took to the interwebs this fine Friday morning to announce a couple newsworthy items that should make their smartphone userbase quite happy. First and foremost, the carrier claims their LTE network now covers 150+ million people in 103 markets. But even better, new markets going live today are the reason that number has crossed the 150 million threshold.
New AT&T LTE Markets:
- Alabama: Mobile
- Arkansas: Jonesboro
- Connecticut: Fairfield County
- Florida: Pensacola
- Indiana: Mishawaka and South Bend
- Maine: Portland
- Michigan: Downriver Wayne and Monroe
- New York: Saratoga and Saratoga Sprints
- Oregon: Corvallis and Eugene
- Ohio: Columbus and Toledo
- South Carolina: Charleston, Columbia and Greenville
- Texas: El Paso
It was just earlier this week we were pleading with AT&T to rollout LTE faster as their current < half a dozen markets at a time was getting to be really dragging. If you’re in any of the markets above let us know how your newfound speed performs!