T-Mobile 3G now blanketing South Bend/Notre Dame Indiana!

Posted December 5th, 2009 at 5:18 pm

tmo-logo

**Attention South Bend/Notre Dame, Indiana:

T-Mobile has officially rolled out 3G to your area! Why have am I highlighting one small midwestern town in northern Indiana? Well, for starters I live there. Second, back when I had TMO a couple years ago and all of their 3G talk was just starting, I was eagerly anticipating this fine day. For now I’m running on Verizon because of the Droid. But just like many of you, I’m not partial to any one carrier. Whoever offers the coolest phone at the time will get my dollars. So while I can’t officially test or benefit from TMO’s new set of faster legs, I can at least pass the information on to my fellow local readers. You know the drill — grab your TMO 3G loving handset and fire it up…

IntoMobile > T-Mobile Forums

Discover and Share

• Jordan
    December 7, 2009 at 10:54 am

Okay, it is dag near 2010, we are just now rolling it out to the biggest college town in the country. come on. lol

I honestly have had not 1 3g problem with my ATT account, well, except in my house, but that was built in 1949 and the walls are made out of Verizon invoices so they hate my ATT 3g, but yeah.

December 7, 2009 at 11:26 am

Point taken. T-Mobile should have been on this years ago. But on the same token, it is now 2009 — a full year and a half almost since the original iPhone 3G release — and here we are listening to AT&T users voicing the same problems as before: Dropped calls, poor coverage, pathetic data speeds, etc. I’ll admit in South Bend 3G coverage wasn’t bad and was actually pretty spotty. Though there were some random areas over on day road where it would alternate from 0 to 5 bars for no reason whatsoever.

Not to mention, I do a lot of travelling to Chicago which should be one of AT&T’s strongest cities. While coverage can show 5 bars, actually placing and keeping a call the first time is a wish that often gets broken. If AT&T wants to get with the program and finally limp into 2009, perhaps they should put their money where their mouth is and actually spend it on upgrading their network instead of spending it all on stupid commercials that no one cares about or is going to watch. Using commercial money on a few extra towers here and there would work wonders…

P.S. Love you VeganJustice haha!

• Jordan
        December 8, 2009 at 12:44 am

Yes, T-Mobile is behind. Verizon kills baby rabbits, Centennial…ugh
        AT&T has shotty 3g service, this might be true.
        It is also 2009 and my Satellite TV goes out every time the wind blows. My Electricity goes out every time a plane flies into a building.
        My phone drops a call, it does, but it can also play a movie and store thousands of songs. It can access a website faster than my damn PowerBook G4. Shoot, the other day it changed a diaper for me.
        We are drenched with sooooo much crap we complain about every little thing.

I don’t know how any other provider’s service is, I know AT&T, and have been with them since 2001 or 2002, can’t remember, and I can’t complain. I practically use Chicago as my bathroom I’m there so much, and the only place I didn’t have a 3g signal was inside the Apple Store (go figure).

My wife had a lot of dropped calls, come to figure out it wasn’t the service, it was the phone, which was replaced.

I understand everyone complaining, but think about it, we are a selfish, bastard society that will always, and I mean ALWAYS find something to complain about.

And about the commercials, Luke Wilson needs work, have you seen him in any good movies lately? NO!!!!! I love my Mr. Wilson and if I can’t watch him in the latest Wes Anderson movie, I have to get my fix from AT&T!!!!
        And also, I see WAYYYYYYY more T-Mobile commercials about my fav5 than I have ever seen about AT&T and they are just now rolling out 3g!!!??? lmao!

bollox, I need a damn beer

December 8, 2009 at 12:54 am

psh…me too. I’m spent.

• Jordan
    December 5, 2009 at 9:45 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    lol

December 6, 2009 at 10:36 am

What’s so funny? A few accounts I’ve received peg T-Mo’s 3G more reliable than AT&T’s even though T-Mo’s coverage is much less widespread.