“Sn0wBreeze” clamors for your 3.1.3 jailbreaking attention.

Posted February 8th, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Before we go any further, I must stress that I have never used Sn0wBreeze in any form and cannot attest to it’s effectiveness in jailbreaking your iDevice. With that said, continue on diligent reader.

The seasoned veteran on the iPhone/iPod Touch jailbreaking scene is the hometown favorite — the Dev-Team. Many people are impatient however, and can’t stand the whole wipe, build custom ROM, restore procedure. For them, a simple patch that gets the show on the road all without having to restore is where it’s at. I’ve had mixed results with the ‘ol patched jailbreak method. With that said, does “Sn0wBreeze” have “it” in regards to effective, fast, and reliable jailbreaking?

Since my iPhone was demoted to mere iPod, I haven’t been quite into the jailbreaking loop as I used to be. Because of that, I can honestly admit that I’ve never heard of Sn0wBreeze. Though Blackra1n and Sn0wBreeze sound like two totally different beasts, their goal is the same — to jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3. Though how they both go about reaching the less restricted end goal is pretty different. Blackra1n is a simple patcher. It expoits a common hole in the iPhone OS’s security allowing a jailbreak without a custom firmware. Again, I’ve had mixed results as have several colleagues of mine. In short: You’re mileage will vary.

Sn0wBreeze on the other hand works much like PwnageTool for Mac — it creates a custom firmware giving you the most complete and comprehensive jailbreak process.

I gave the video below a couple of views to get the details of how it all goes down. It isn’t as simple as pressing a button or two and sitting back, free to twiddle your thumbs. It will take some user involvement. Don’t get me wrong though, it’s like it’s rocket science or anything.

If you’re feeling adventurous and confident in yourself, watch the video below to get acquainted with Sn0wBreeze and then head on over to the Sn0wBreeze site to get the tools needed for the job. When all is said and done and for better or worse, let us know how it goes. I’m ever so curious…

• Sn0wBreeze is Windows program that supports iPhone 2G/3G/3GS(old bootroom) and iPod Touch 1st Gen and 2nd Gen (non MC)

Video

Walyou

Bookmark and Share

Elecite BlackBerry Themes

Elecite BlackBerry Themes

• malfoy.girl
    March 8, 2010 at 4:10 pm

will this work for iPod touch 2G that has 3.1.3?

• jason
    February 26, 2010 at 6:18 am

Hi,
    i have stupidly updated my iphone 3g to 3.1.3 i have tried everything to to try and jailbreak,but nothing seems to work,sn0wbreeze keeps kicking up 1604 error message.

This is really annoying.any help people?

February 21, 2010 at 6:39 am

accidentaly updated my iphone 3gs to 3.13 which got rid of the jailbreak;-( i only got it a month ago. what would happen if i tried to restore to 3.1.2 via itunes using felixbruns.de 3.1.2 software?
    any help appreciated
    Mike

• J
    February 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Got it working. I used Sn0wbreeze to make custom 3.1.3 firmware, ran iReb 3.12, then iTunes to install custom firmware. This all worked to jailbreak my phone. Lastely I installed AppSync so I can sync my apps in iTunes. Thats it. Enjoy your JAILBROKEN iPHONE 3G with 3.1.3 FIRMWARE. Apple can kiss my a$$.

February 12, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Good news! Anyone else having any luck?

• Olivier721
      March 27, 2010 at 4:53 pm

i read that people jailbreak their iphone with snowbreeze… can someone please teach me how to do that …. iphone 3g version 3.1.3

• J
    February 12, 2010 at 12:08 pm

hey Aly Shehata got a question for you. I accidentalIy upgraded my Jailbroken 3.1.2 3G to 3.1.3. I also used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak my 3G with 3.1.3 and looked good until I tried to copy my apps back on my phone and it gave me an error. Did you successfully install your apps back on your phone? If so how did you do it?

• De'Andre
    February 11, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Does anyone know how to jailbreak an updated from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 iphone 3gs. the phone was jailbroken before, and accidently upgraded. or does someone know how to downgrade it to 3.1.2 firmware?

• KC
    February 10, 2010 at 6:37 pm

HI have bought an iphone 3gs recently-10 days back.Did not activate it.Sent it to my brother he tried to unlock using blacksnow.It got stuck.On restore it got updated to 3.1.3.Does snow breeze work to unlock the 3.1.3 3GS?
    I have seen a post “Asking for a wipe and start fresh? Any method to do it!!!
    After that I will download the firmware from felixbruns.de.. and Which version should i download or how to find the version?

Thanks a million
    KC

February 10, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Probably not looking to good for you. The newer iPhone 3GS is jailbreak resistant I’m afraid.

• abby
    February 10, 2010 at 4:41 pm

helo mike i recntly bought iphone3gs with 3.1.2 i unlocked it with blackra1n it worked fine en then and then by mistake i upgraded it to the same 3.1.2 en then when i tried to unlock it with blackra1n i did nt get no signals bars on my phone it says no service any solution?

February 10, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Howdy,

You should be able to wipe and start fresh, jailbreak and then unlock. BE SURE TO GET A 3.1.2 FIRMWARE DOWNLOADED FIRST as iTunes will automatically try to bump you up to 3.1.3.

• magudbe
    February 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm

am getting error message code 1604.. hlp pleaaaaaaaase

• nooruh
    February 10, 2010 at 4:27 am

What to do if I have: Bootloader: 06.04 [G2M2S2], BaseBand: ICE-05.12.01, iPhone OS: 3.1.3?

• michelle
    February 9, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I want to jailbreak my I phone. I have tthe version of 3.1.3 it this save to do.

February 9, 2010 at 8:21 pm

As long as you have an iPhone/3G/3GS(earlier model and bootrom) or an iPod Touch 1st or 2nd gen you should be fine.

• chris
    February 9, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Where do u get the firmware on ur website, i have the snowbreeze program but where is the firmware for the ipod touch 2nd gen

February 9, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Quick google search is good start ;)

Here you can find just about any iPhone/iPod firmware you need: felixbruns.de

• Slav
    February 9, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I updated my previously 3.1.2 iphone 3g to the new 3.1.3 firmware ON Accident through itunes. Now im pretty sure that my baseband has been permanently updated and I am not able to use snowbreeze to jailbreak it or bump it back down to the previous baseband.. Am i wrong?

February 9, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Yup, you’re kind of foobar’d at the moment. Hang tight though. It shouldn’t be too long until someone figures out a new backdoor.

• matt
    February 9, 2010 at 5:42 pm

is there a way for my ipod(3g) with 3.1.3 to get jailbroken*or*downgraded to 3.1.2(I know how to jailbreak that version(: )

February 9, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Doesn’t look like it at this point?

• De'Andre
    February 9, 2010 at 4:54 pm

hi guys!

i have just updated my previously jailbroken iphone 3gs from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 firmware. i’d like to know whether snowbreeze 3.1.3 jailbreak would be suitable for me.

Thanx for ur help

February 9, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Ya, you should be good to go as long as you have the old bootrom (read: an older iPhone 3GS)

• Mo
    February 9, 2010 at 3:42 pm

will this jailbreak my ipod touch 3g?

February 9, 2010 at 4:43 pm

At this time, no.

• Aly Shehata
    February 9, 2010 at 5:47 am

Hi.. i have succesfully jailbroken my iPhone 3GS on fw 3.1.3 Sn0wBreeze just rocks ;)

• Jordan
    February 8, 2010 at 11:28 pm

I used it once one someones iPhone, just because I wanted to try it, and anything that creates a custom IPSW, ie PwnageTool, I am always for supporting, so I gave it a shot on my wind0ze boot and I like it. Great, easy to use, just like PwnageTool, if you have wind0ze and don’t want the patched firmware, I’d highly recommend using this, or PwnageTool on the Mac!