Proporta Mobile Accessories

iPhone users reporting bizarre battery problems, playlist issues with 3.1.3 update.

Posted February 10th, 2010 at 8:19 am

Nothing is ever “perfect”, especially in the software world. There’s always a bug, a glitch, a security hole or some other failure in the code that lets bad things happen. Apple however, generally has a pretty good grip on such things on the iPhone platform. The iPhone 3.1.3 update on the other hand, isn’t one of their better moments. iPhone support forums across the web are voicing problems with battery life and how it’s displayed as well as issues with iTunes playlists. Being that the iTunes integration and battery functions are big parts of the overall experience, I would categorize these as pretty serious.

In regards to the battery problem, users are finding that the battery meter is jumping all over the place — up one minute, down the next, and then back up again. Shorter overall battery life is also being reported, though, that could be in some way related to the glitchy battery meter.

On the playlist front, it’s looking like there’s a small problem with smart playlists not syncing properly and forcing users to re-sync several times to get it working, if it works at all.

Hopefully we’ll hear or see something from Apple soon. Any iPhone users out there experiencing any of these issues?

iPhoneAlley

Bookmark and Share

Elecite BlackBerry Themes

Elecite BlackBerry Themes

• phil
    May 5, 2010 at 6:51 am

i updated my iphone today to 3.1.3 and can now not send text messages at all have restored the phone 3 times with still no joy can anyone help

May 5, 2010 at 9:46 am

Spirit jailbreak was released a few days ago. Should help with your issue.

• Stuart
    February 15, 2010 at 12:40 am

Same thing, I even paid for a new battery for my 3G. Dammit! Still runs flat after 3 hours or so. APPLE, GET THIS FIXED ASAP PLEASE!

• Susie
    February 14, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I updated my iPhone yesterday and immediately saw my battery life decrease. I charged my phone the first evening and by morning it was depleted. I recharged it and by the end of the next day, again the battery was depleted. I hope Apple fixes this soon!

• liz
    February 11, 2010 at 8:36 am

why do people report on here when they have no problems??
    anyway i have the battery % issue it jumps when i turn it on then jumps to the right % its such a pain.. and my iphone reboots when i turn it off

• JummybearXO
    February 10, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Yes, I am having significant problems. 3/4 of my playlists on my iPhone show that they have no music. A few of the playlists won’t even show up on the phone even though they were there before and remain checked on iTunes. I have done 2 phone restores - the first not change anything, the second one is stored my podcasts. I have deleted playlists and rebuilt them, again with no luck. I called Apple and they were no help ( though usually they are, I may have just gotten an inexperienced tech support person). All of this happened immediately after the upgrade. I am waiting for the next upgrade to fix this one.

• Steven
    February 10, 2010 at 5:28 am

I am having major issues with the battery after this update - I leave it on standby with a full charge and come back to it a few hours later and it’s run flat!

Anyone else had the same issue?

February 10, 2010 at 10:29 am

I updated my ipphone 3G to 3.1.3 and have noticed a slight decrease in battery life, but nothing major.

• Fredrik
    February 10, 2010 at 4:27 am

Yes. My phone lock down after every 5:th call or something like that. The call is disconnected and I need to restart the Iphone. I do not know what to do wit the problem?