iPhone 3.1.3 baseband cracked, unlocked, and ready for foreign SIMs! [Update: No it's not]

Posted February 11th, 2010 at 2:26 pm

**Update: Apparent false alarm. Turns out the “crack” wasn’t a crack. I misread the original source. It was just a crash that the good ‘ol sherif found at which point he turned it over to the Dev-Team for further review/development. This crash-possible-exploit-in-hiding may not even lead to anything useful. And the wait continues. 3.1.3 full on jailbreak: Work In Progress…

Contrary to horror stories of iPhone junkies and jailbreaking developers worldwide, the recent 3.1.3 update is not the end all be all of the jailbreaking scene. With each and every update Apple pushes out, I’m truly amazed at how fast the devs responsible for the various jailbreaks and unlocks are with cracking Apple’s ridiculous shackles. Score one for the little guy.

To be clear, the latest baseband 5.12.01 baseband in the iPhone 3.1.3 update has been cracked. This is where you run and dance and sing and all types of other celebratory things in whatever lane of transportation suits you most. The man to thank for the new found exploit is a gentleman by the name of “Sherif Hashim”. And just for all of the naysayers or those with doubtful suspicions — the Dev-Team’s “MuscleNerd” has confirmed that the exploit does in fact work. Hello jailbreak. Hello Unlock. It’s been soooo long.

**iPhone 3GS users with newer units and iPod 3G users, does it work for you?

iPhoneAlley > iClarified

Bookmark and Share

Elecite BlackBerry Themes

Elecite BlackBerry Themes

• Marlom
    February 17, 2010 at 10:30 pm

So, we should all keep doing a search and post on this comment page as soon as we get an approximate release date!!! Do you think its possible for them to wait till the new iphone comes out? They better not cus they sure ask for donations, so now were asking for them to not wait till new iphone comes out!!

February 17, 2010 at 10:35 pm

That’s always an option.

• marek
    February 13, 2010 at 8:13 am

i accidently upgrade a new version 3.1.3 (7E18) with modem firmware 05.12.01 in my iphone 3gs. now it seems my iphone has been locked n says sim is invalid. i am working in saipan , northern mariana island. please help me to unlock my iphone.

• Tommy
    February 12, 2010 at 7:24 am

Damn, I really got my hopes up :(
    My brand new iPhone is now just collecting dust!

Hope there will be a solution for us noobs that accidentilly updated our phones without saving our SHSH

• modaddy0979
    February 11, 2010 at 9:34 pm

let me get this straight…..this soon to be release will be a full for iphone 3gs users as well? when i type FULL i mean for users who didnt save shsh files on cydia and were unable to use custom ipsw files with sn0wbreeze and such? i hope it is a FULL unlock because my 3gs is currently locked up and just collecting dust. i have only had my device for 2 months, i need it, my life depends on it!!

thank you dev team!
    i knew you guys could do it!

February 11, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Check the update everyone, it was a false alarm.

• Eufry
    February 11, 2010 at 7:59 pm

DEY SHOULD SPEED IT UP=] I MEAN DEASE PPL DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT SLEEP! DEY GO TO WORK! DOUBLE TRIPPLE TIME ON DEAE APPLE PPL =]

I MISS MY 3G IPHONE I MISS UNLOCKIN IT FOR TMOBLIE AND MAKN CALLS KOME ON GUYS EMAIL ME WID ANY NEWSSS [email protected] ++FUZZYBAND DOES NOT SUPPORT MY BASEBAND

• Riseanew
    February 11, 2010 at 2:43 pm

That’s awesome news but wtf?? What good does it do if it hasn’t been released yet?

• Alex
    February 11, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Hope they release it soon.

• Tommy
    February 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm

That sounds great! Just to wait for the release! Thanks for the up! :)

• David
    February 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm

how long b4 the update any idea?

• David
    February 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm

how long do you think its going to be b4 the update?

• Hunt
    February 11, 2010 at 11:06 am

Ok i’m confused - what should I be doing to JB on 3.1.3 with a 3GS?

February 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm