Lighter wallets ahead…Paid Apps coming to Android!

  • January 1, 2009 8:08 pm

500px-android-logo

Martin Drashkov, an Android developer received an email from the Android Market recently disclosing some very exciting if not already expected information.  The Android App Store will soon be open to paid apps.  What does this mean?  Not only will your wallets become lighter, but with the motivation of income the apps, as well as the quality of the apps should increase.  The developers will receive 70% of the earnings from app sales while the other 30% will go to “carriers and billing settling fees”.  The U.S. and UK are the first regions to get the ability to sell paid apps starting in early Q1.  Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, France, Italy, and Spain will follow the U.S. and UK as local payment systems are set up hopefully  not long after.  Current count shows Apple’s App Store trouncing Androids App Store both in shear number of apps as wells as quality.  Although, again with monetary motivation, the gap is sure to close.

 

Source: Martin Drashkov , PC World



Author:
visit my website

Gadget lover, smartphone collector, and beer connoisseur. I’ve been writing about gadgets for three years now and loving every minute of it. Outside of the digital landscape, I enjoy being active outdoors.I’m always up for a good conversation, so feel free to drop me a line!